Does your computer recognize your iPod touch as a camera?
Do you want to solve this?
In this post I'll try to help.
1. On the Start menu, click Run.
2. In the Open field, type "devmgmt.msc". Click OK. A list of devices will be displayed.
3. Apple iPod will be listed under "Imaging Devices". Click on it.
4. Right click. Choose “Update Driver”.
5. The Hardware Update wizard will pop-up; select “No, not this time”.
6. Select “Install from a list or specific location (Advanced)”.
7. Select “Don’t search. I will choose the driver to install”.
8. A long list of devices will appear. Select “Universal Serial Bus Controllers”.
9. Select “Apple Mobile Device USB Driver". Windows will give you a warning that the driver is not digitally signed (since it is from Apple and not Microsoft), but that is okay.
10. Another warning box will pop up that the driver has not passed windows Logo testing. Select “Continue anyway”.
11. File Needed window pops up to find the driver file “Usbaapl.sys”. Browse to find the location of this file: "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers".
12. Click Finish.
That's it. Now your iPod should be recognized by your computer properly.
Hope it helped. See you! :D
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
A friend of mine has an iPod touch. His younger brother ruined everything because he changed the screenlock password and now he doesn't remember what the code is! If it has happened to you, you'll agree with me: it is very frustrating!
- So.. how are you going to solve this?
Many of you are probably thinking of a system recovery, but that is a regular way to solve the problem.. x)
Actually, there is a much faster way to solve this, and you don't need iTunes neither an internet connection.
- Hurry up! How do you do that?
- Just follow this steps:
1. Connect the iPod touch to a computer;
2. Open the iPod folder;
3. Make sure you are able to see every folder. Even the ones which are hidden;
4. Open the folder "iPod_control";
5. Open "Device";
6. Open the file: "_Unlock" with notepad;
7. There you are! You just found the iPods screenlock password!!
Hope it helped ;D