this is a really simple tutorial because, now-a-days, this task is very, very easy to perform!
After this tutorial is done, you will be able to run homebrew on your PSP and you will also be able to play games for FREE! (of course this is illegal and I do not do it).
Let's understand what are the risks, what is illegal, legal, and what you will need:
- If you do what I say, there are almost no risks at all. Remember, this works: but do not blame me if something goes wrong. I am not responsible if you brick your PSP. But that won't happen for sure if you do EXACTLY what I tell you to do.
- What we are about to do is LEGAL! It is legal to install CFW on your PSP. It is LEGAL to run homebrew made by other PSP developers.
- It is NOT LEGAL to run game back-ups (play games without buying them). But that's the main reason to install CFW on PSPs.
- You will NEED: a PSP Go or 3000; a computer.
Let's check everything:
- Turn on your PSP. Go and check your firmware version.
- If you have official firmware (OFW) 6.35 installed, you are ready to start.
- If you have a higher OFW (bigger than 6.35), check the web and try to downgrade your OFW.
- If you have a lower OFW, upgrade it.
Installing OFW 6.35:
- Do this ONLY if you have a lower version of your OFW.
- Download this file: download (go here if the link doesn't work: http://psphackguides.com/downloads/firmware/6-35/ and download the file from there)
- Copy that file to your PSP memory, in this folder: PSP:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE
- If you don't have the UPDATE folder inside the GAME folder, create one. Copy the file you just downloaded to the UPDATE folder.
- In your PSP, go to the Game menu, and update your PSP firmware.
- You are ready to continue.
- Be sure you have OFW 6.35 installed. Read everything above.
- Now, download this file: download
- Plug your PSP to your computer. Open it, open PSP folder, open GAME folder. Create a folder named "PROUPDATE".
- Now, you should have it organised like this: PSP:/PSP/GAME/PROUPDATE. Confirm that.
- Ok, now copy the file you downloaded to the folder you just created.
- Unplug the PSP from you PC.
- We are almost done.
Install the CFW:
- Now that we are done with that, turn on your PSP. Go to the game menu and run the Genesis program. Wait untill the black screen happears.
- Press "X" to install. And press "X" again to finish. Now wait a moment... The PSP game menu should happear now.
- Go to the system information, and you will see that your firmware is 6.35 Pro.
- You are done. Now you can play and do a lot of cool stuff with your device!
ADVICE: Don't forget that if you remove the battery, or turn the PSP off (really off, not the standby mode), you will go to OFW 6.35. So, if you ever do that, just run the Genesis program again, repeat the process and you are done. Keep that program on your PSP memory! :D
The END ! =D